2017 Theme: Myths, Legends and Tales of the World
Storytelling in drawings, paintings and mixed-media works.
Exhibit: October 1-November 30, 2017
Workshop and Award Ceremony: November 19, 2 PM-4 PM in Eugene Public Library
- Art workshop from 2 PM-3 PM: Create art inspired by myths and legends from around the world.
- Multicultural Art Contest Award Ceremony from 3 PM-4 PM
Entries are judged in age categories by a panel
of representatives from MCAM&EC,
Eugene Public Library, Skipping Stones Magazine, Imagination International Inc., and a local artist.
- Eugene Public Library, 100 W 10th Ave, Eugene, OR
- Adventure Children's Museum, Valley River Center, Eugene, OR
- WOW Hall, 291 West 8th Ave., Eugene, OR
- Petersen Barn Community Center, 870 Berntzen Rd, Eugene, OR
- Also on-line and on Facebook:
Inspire children's interest in the diverse cultures and heritages that surround them; prompt young artists to study the culture of a
neighbor or a grandparent and express it in the form of visual art; showcase local talent; make the world smaller and better by bringing international children's art to Eugene.
- The program is open to artists from 3 to 18 years old.
- All works must be original and created during the years of 2016-2017.
- Digital images should have 300-600 dpi and be no less than 1 MB in
- Submission deadline: Friday, September 15, 2017
Please include each work's title as well as the artist's name, age, and contact information including parent's name and email with your submission. All works must
be signed by the artist on the front of the canvas or on the back (the very young artists may use parents' help).
Ship your unframed work(s) to:
Multicultural Art Exhibit,
166 W. 12th Avenue,
Eugene, OR 97401 USA
Non-local artists may enter their work into the on-line contest in electronic format.
Please email submission information and your quality images to: email@example.com with the Subject line: